1938 at a glance
By the end of 1938, the fleet consists of five Lockheed Electras and nine Lockheed Super Electras. An adequate supply of spare engines and propellers is on hand to guarantee continual service. The staff increases to 332 employees, and TCA continues to train new pilots and crews. A major repair and maintenance base is established in Winnipeg, at the heart of the country, and a total number of 2,086 passengers are flown in TCA's first full year.